Monday, June 25, 2012

Product Reviews


Happy Monday World! (Or Tuesday, for my Okinawa Ohana)
I finally got around to making my first "Product Review" post. 
Below are items that I really like, and dislike. (: 
I'm hoping this will be helpful for some, as I will definitely use this as a reminder of things I've tried.
Unfortunately, I wasn't born an elephant. I do tend to forget! (:

Let's get started!
Dove Cream Oil - Shea Butter Body Lotion
 I'm a proud Dove user. Actually, I remember my childhood doctor always reminding me how Dove would be best for my skin. This product was a splurge. I like cheap things, but this was around $8. I really had to buy it with hopes it would be wonderful, taken that I wasn't able to open the top to smell it, or feel it's consistency, but thankfully, I found myself very pleased! Been using it on my belly. The scent is really subtle, but very pleasant. My skin feels softer. The only thing, I don't find my itching to reduce. I haven't itched in a while, but I guess with these last weeks of pregnancy approaching, I'm stretching and stretching! But overall -- I'd definitely repurchase!

 
Goldfish Grahams - Vanilla Cupcake

 Now, I've seen commercials with this flavor for some time now, but was unable to find it in any store.. Thankfully TARGET had some. (: I keep them in my fridge, but I love them! I'll just grab a bit once in a while.. Who doesn't love a cupcake? I heard they have brownie goldfish now.. MmmmM! 

Yes To Cucumbers Face Wipes
I've seen and heard so many raves about these face wipes. Decided to give it a go. I do NOT like them. I've tried them twice.. and they leave my face with this burning sensation. Nothing HORRIBLE.. but still, it's an unpleasant tingle. No BuenO!

Dove - Invigorating Dry Shampoo & Johnson's Baby Powder - Magnolia Petals
  These are my go-to dry shampoos! 
Dove has a wonderful scent to it.. (: Just as the baby powder does. 
I use the baby powder more, just because there is obviously more product. But it also adds volume! 
I like the Dove for teasing as well. (:

TRESemme Split Remedy - Shampoo & Conditioner
I've read reviews online, about how women found this line to really improve their hair. Unfortunately, it dries my hair out! My hair was nowhere NEAR silky once dry.. Very disappointing.
I'll stick with my Head & Shoulders & Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Conditioner.
TRESemme Split Remedy Leave in Conditioner, Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum, MoroccanOil Treatment, Dove Hair Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Detangler, Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Anti-Breakages Serum.
Now perhaps, I may just have really stubborn hair that doesn't like many products. All these listed here are meant to moisturize and smooth out hair..But I really feel these dry my hair out as well! Sad right? Maybe my hair is THAT dead? I used to love the MoroccanOil - but when using it yesterday, it had no effect on my hair. I just love that regardless how much you put in your hair, it will never be oily. 
The TRESemme split remedy smells nice in the bottle, but once applied to hair, it has a really chemically scent! (ew) Paul Mitchell is rather old.. I think it needs to be tossed. Dove smells nice (: I still spritz that in my hair for the smell. And that Coconut Milk, it just leaves my hair oily. No wonder it was on sale. 

Mary Kay Timewise Line - Cleanser, eyecream, lotion, acne treatment, sunscreen, night serum
This is the Mary Kay Timewise Skin care line. I'm so happy my mom got into the product. Now, I do pay for these, I don't get the luxury of free products from her! Ha! But seriously, ever since I've started using this line, I saw a difference in my skin. It's clearer, softer. It gives me a natural glow without foundation. I love it. (: Just got into the eye cream (second product from the left) and I see a difference. Less wrinkles (crow's feet) - LOVE MARY KAY  

Yoplait Yogurt
I've loved Yoplait for years now. Only downfall, they are hardly ever on sale! They're usually $1.19 each. Ugh. Thankfully Target had a sale 10 for $5 (: A healthy snack that cures my sweet cravings, and I have a TON of sweet cravings, thanks to baby.


And that ends my first batch of Product Review (: 

Have a happy day everyone! 

XO - Savannah

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Following you from Military Monday blog hop! Looking forward to reading more! Would appreciate the follow back!
    -Kat

    http://mom-uncensored.blogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaaaat you pay $1.19 for yogurt??? They have it for like .60 at Walmart, or even less at the commissary. I get coupons for it all the time at the commissary. Oh, wait...is it a Hawaii thing? I would still check out your Walmart though...assuming they have them...I really know nothing about Hawaii, ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, our walmart has them for maybe 80cents? They used to go on sale all the time for cheaper.. but not anymore. BUMMER! Hahah

      Thanks(:

      Delete