Thursday, June 7, 2012

First Comes Marriage, Then Stays Marriage

While scrolling through twitter, a daily thing, I've come across two posts by Keri Hilson and this topic has crossed my mind before.

She's right, now days, it seems as though marriage ends in divorce. 
I'm not saying divorce shouldn't happen at all.
But to see divorces happen within 3 months of marriage?

Why?

Was it the rush of things?
Was it lack of effort?

Or for example, in the tabloids, Mel Gibson's father just filed for divorce. His father is 98.
You really stop and wonder if he had a happy life. If he was in love? It really doesn't sound like it, if he's wanting a divorce at 98. :( :(

I believe everyone deserves to be happy.
From my view, I am with Keri. I've always thought to myself, "If I ever get married, I will only marry once, and I will not divorce." So here I am, married... and I still believe this..
5 months into our marriage, 4 years into our relationship, I still feel myself falling deeper in love with the same man. It's funny to have these tweets come around today... just because, as I did my morning ritual, providing wakeup calls for the hubby, he said to me, "I love you, Savannah." And, after hearing those words, my heart literally stopped (thankfully it continued to beat again, otherwise, well, I wouldn't be typing hehe) -I mean, "I love you" isn't something we are new to hearing.. But it's amazing to really feel a difference, just when your name is added into the mix. After hanging up with him, I just sat there, and really reflected on how lucky I am in love.

 
  
I don't know what the future holds, but I do have hope. I have confidence in our relationship, I have faith in our love. Before marriage, we've talked about our views on it. How we both believed in this "once in a lifetime commitment", how divorce just isn't an option. We've been through a lot, the ugly, the uglier, the down right hideous crap, and look at us today. I just know what I feel for this man, is nothing but love, and in my heart, he will be that man, old and grey, holding my hand in his rocking chair next to mine.
Finding yourself happily in love doesn't happen for everyone, though it should, so knowing I've been blessed with this experience in life, I NEVER want to give it up, or take it for granted.

I pray the thought of marriage can bring JOY to all again. 
I pray marriage can be sacred once more.
I pray marriage will last for all time (: 

I am a happy wife, I intend on being one for the rest of my life.
(MOVE ASIDE DR. SEUSS!) 

XO - SMOS

No comments:

Post a Comment