Monday, September 10, 2012

A Letter To Naia

My sweet little Naia,

Tomorrow you're 1, one month old.
We've spent 4 weeks together, the best 4 weeks of my life. 
I can't believe how fast time has gone...
I can't believe how much you've changed.
I still can't believe I'm a mommy, your mommy. 
I'm so blessed.



I sit here thinking about August 11th. How daddy and I were getting a pedicure, with mommy questioning if those pains she felt were labor pains...and yes they were. I love that we didn't need induction... and I know it was meant to be that you've chosen the 11th. I know your Uncle Jesse is smiling down on us. 

I remember them placing you on my chest, yet I was still out of breath, unable to sink in the fact that my baby was here. As they took you away, I heard you cry, your first cry...I waited for them to check you, to bring you back to me. I heard a man telling you to open your eyes -- and baby, you didn't open your eyes until you were back in my arms, listening to my voice... my heart sank... you were finally here.


I never thought I could love someone more than your daddy, and then there was you. 
The ultimate gift of love. 

I still remember when we found out about you.
Hearing your little heartbeat, seeing a tiny you. 

Thank you for a month of joy.
I love every dirty diaper...it's proof that I'm keeping you healthy.
I love every little smile, giggle, yawn. 
Every little cry, I promise to continue to keep those eyes dry.
I love it when you hold my finger.
I love when you lean your little head upon my shoulder.

You may not talk yet, but I love our story time.
You are the greatest listener babe. 

I love you so much baby girl.
And I just love you more and more and more.

Happy 1 Month Baby Girl. 
Thank you for this love. 
So blessed to have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment